Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Slow Cooker Chili


This was another meal made in the slow cooker for a busy day. It was kind of spur of the moment decision the night before. My chili usually has zucchini, yellow squash and mushrooms in it, but I didn't have all of those things on hand this time. I used different colored bell peppers, tomatoes, tomato sauce, onions, shallots, pinto beans, black beans and kidney beans. I didn't measure any of the spices, but I threw in some cumin, chili powder and red pepper flakes. I had about half a cup of brown rice medley left in the cabinet, so I cooked it up in my rice cooker to go with the chili. It was delicious and there are plenty of leftovers to have for lunch!


Like what you're reading? Then sign up for my healthy living newsletter!

No comments:

Post a Comment