Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Confessions of a Chickpea Addict


Yesterday I had leftovers of my Clean Out the Fridge Stir-Fry for lunch, and then I had hummus and carrots as for an afternoon snack. Then for dinner I had pasta and veggies. With chickpeas.

There was no recipe for this dish. I had some things to do after dinner, so I needed to make something quick. I just threw together a few of my favorite things – broccoli, sun-dried tomatoes, olives and chickpeas. I cooked the veggies in olive oil with some veggie broth, a little rice wine vinegar, and lemon juice. I sprinkled everything with a little bit of red pepper flakes and some nutritional yeast. I served the mixture over rice pasta shells.

I have a few more cans of chickpeas in the cabinet, so there will be more chickpea recipes coming up. Chickpeas are high in protein, calcium, copper, manganese, folate and dietary fiber, so I guess I picked a good food to be addicted too!


Like what you're reading? Then sign up for my healthy living newsletter!

No comments:

Post a Comment