Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Vegan Adventures in Miami - Juice and Java

On Saturday, Jessica and I went to Juice and Java for lunch, which is just a short walk from the Miami Convention Center which is where our Integrative Nutrition class was.

Juice and Java has lots of salads, smoothies, juices and other things like wraps and sandwiches. The cafe is tiny and it was PACKED with our fellow classmates, and they didn't seem to know how to handle the rush. We went back after class to get smoothies and they were closed. My guess is that they had to restock some food after the lunch rush!

I had a Hummus Salad that I added avocado to.


Jessica had Java's Famous Quinoa with added tofu.

We went back to Juice and Java for breakfast on Monday. Once again, the cafe was packed with my classmates, and Karen and Laura were among them, so we joined them.

Laura likes to have salads for breakfast, so she had this yummy Israeli Salad. Eating greens is a great way to start the day. She also had a green juice.


Jessica and I both ordered the same Juice and Java Platter - sesame tofu with steamed vegetables. This is something I would normally order a dish like this for lunch, but it was a really great way to start the day. We also both had delicious fruity smoothies.


Like what you're reading? Then sign up for my healthy living newsletter!

No comments:

Post a Comment