Thursday, March 11, 2010

Even More Chickpea Croquettes


Yes, I have made these chickpea croquettes before, they are just too tasty not to make again. I haven't really repeated too many meals since I've been on my elimination diet, but these patties are something I've been eating on a regular basis. This time I made broccoli and mushrooms and roasted root vegetables to along with them. The roasted root veggie mix was sweet potatoes, red skinned potatoes and turnips.

If you're feeling anxious, worried or spacey, roasted root veggies may help make you feel more balanced. Since root vegetables come from the earth, they have a grounding energy that they pass along to the person consuming them. Conversely, if you're feeling tense and want to lighten up, leafy green veggies can help. They grow outward toward the sun and have an expansive energy. It's good to include a variety of foods in your diet to main a delicate balance of focused, yet flexible energy.


Like what you're reading? Then sign up for my healthy living newsletter!

No comments:

Post a Comment