Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Cashew Curry Casserole



I really love Thai curry, but I haven't had any since I started the elimination diet because coconut is on my list of foods to avoid. Imagine my excitement when I see a curry recipe in The Urban Vegan that uses rice milk! Why didn't I think of that?

The recipe calls for broccoli, onions, canned tomatoes and chickpeas, and suggests adding yellow squash, mushrooms or red bell pepper. I added all three and then doubled the sauce recipe to cover it all. I also threw in some cashews. The sauce is made with rice milk, red curry paste and cashew butter. My sauce came out a little thick so I added a little more rice milk. All of the ingredients are put in a casserole dish and baked in the oven. This was really, really delicious, and it was so nice to be able to have curry again!




Become a fan on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/VeggiegirlHHC

No comments:

Post a Comment