Friday, April 2, 2010

More Veggies and Pasta


I had some leftover rice pasta from the pasta and veggies I made a few days ago, so I made another dish with it, using some more of my favorite foods: kale, sun-dried tomatoes, mushrooms, shallots and white beans. I used a little bit of olive oil and topped it all with black olives and a sprinkling of nutritional yeast.

Did you know that kale is the most nutrient dense food on the planet? It contains powerful antioxidant properties and is considered to be a an anti-inflammatory. It is full of beta carotene, vitamins C, K, B6, lutein, calcium, iron, manganese, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, zinc and folate. Like broccoli, kale is cruciferous vegetable that contains anti-cancer properties. Chopping and mincing kale releases the properites and makes them even more powerful.


Like what you're reading? Then sign up for my healthy living newsletter!

No comments:

Post a Comment