Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Tabasco and Asparagus Quinoa


I've decided to try to add some of the foods I had mild allergic reactions to back into my diet to see how I do with them. This time I tried asparagus, and just as I suspected, nothing happened after I ate it.

This recipe is from 101 Cookbooks, but I took a lot of liberties with it. I only cooked up half the amount of suggested quinoa, and half the amount of Tabasco butter. (I used soy-free Earth Balance.) I used all of the butter that I did mix up in the quinoa. Instead of pine nuts, I used cashews. I added some shallots and red peppers to the asparagus for extra color, and I served the dish on a bed of kale. I realized after I started eating it that it was very much like the asparagus and kale stir-fry that I like to make, only spicier, and it was quite tasty.



Like what you're reading? Follow me on Twitter!
http://twitter.com/diannewenz

No comments:

Post a Comment