Monday, April 26, 2010

Rice Pasta Shells with Aspargus and Peas


I found this recipe in Vegetarian Times, and altered it to my liking. I used rice pasta shells instead of whole wheat, omitted the mint, swapped garlic oil for fresh garlic and used Daiya cheese instead of feta. It was quite tasty! My only regret is that I didn't have a bed of kale to serve it on.

You'll notice that quite often I don't follow the recipe to the letter. Some people can be intimidated by certain recipes, and are afraid of cooking with new foods. I say try it! Experiment, try new things, play with your food. Don't be afraid to cook something new or mix things up. It's pretty much impossible to "break" a recipe. And if it you don't like the way it tastes, just remember that it's only one meal and you get to try again with another meal in a few hours.


Like what you're reading? Follow me on Twitter!
http://twitter.com/diannewenz

No comments:

Post a Comment