Monday, April 12, 2010

Portobello Tacos


Vegetarian Times inspired this dish, but I didn't follow their recipe. I sliced and sautéed portobello mushrooms until they were soft and juicy, and I heated spelt tortillas in the oven for a few minutes. I folded the tortillas in half and placed the mushrooms inside and I added sliced avocado, tomatillo salsa, lettuce, tomatoes, olives and Daiya cheese. I served the tacos with spicy beans and rice. This was really delicious as well really quick and easy to make. It was a perfect after work, week night dinner!

Avocados are one of my favorite foods. They have a nice, rich buttery taste and compliment many foods. They are high in dietary fiber, folate, potassium and vitamins C, K, E and B vitamins. Studies have shown that consuming avocados on a regular basis can lower LDL cholesterol. Avocados are also known to have beneficial effects on skin and hair, and can even be used to make facial masks.


Like what you're reading? Then sign up for my healthy living newsletter!

No comments:

Post a Comment