Thursday, April 29, 2010

Spring Cleanse - Day 4


Day four and all is well! I started the day off with oatmeal again, and had fruit salad for an mid-morning snack. I had last night's stir-fry leftovers for lunch and snacked on some raw cashews. Dennis took a film making class in the City in the evening, and I didn't feel like cooking dinner just for one, so I got brown rice avocado rolls and salad from Whole Foods.

The toughest part of the day was after dinner, when I baked cookies for Saturday's Montclair Vegan Bake Sale. I made mocha almond chip cookies from Sweet Utopia. It was tough not being able to taste the cookie dough or try a cookie when they were done! I have a big bag of wheat flour leftover from my holiday baking, and I thought baking for the sale would be a good way to get rid of some of it.

Day four is dedicated to skin detoxing. Sesame oil is massaged into the skin, and then a bath with epsom salts is taken. A mask with bentonite clay is applied to the face and the hands. I added a little bit of bubbles to the bath, which was nice and relaxing, and and the oil and clay really softened my skin. I'm going to try to stick with doing this once a week.


Like what you're reading? Follow me on Twitter!
http://twitter.com/diannewenz

No comments:

Post a Comment