Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Spring Cleanse - Day 2


Yesterday was day two of my Spring Cleanse. Like Monday, it wasn't a difficult day. I made all of my food for the work day on Monday evening - oatmeal for breakfast, fruit salad for a morning snack, quinoa salad with spinach for lunch and collard wraps for an afternoon snack. Unfortunately, I forgot the oatmeal. I ended up having the fruit for lunch and the collard wraps for my morning snack.

The quinoa salad was a good choice for lunch, because it was really filling and kept me satiated for the afternoon. I mixed together cooked quinoa, cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion and chickpeas with a little bit of olive oil and lemon juice. I served it over a large bed of raw spinach.


I had an appointment after work, and I knew I'd be hungry by the time I got home, so Dennis picked up dinner. We had steamed veggies and brown rice from Veggie Heaven.

During a detox, it's important to slow down and spend more time relaxing and meditating. This week is already super busy for me though, and I haven't had any extra time to spare! I'm going to make an effort to do less later in the week though. (How strange is it that I need to make an effort to do less??)


Become a fan on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/VeggiegirlHHC

No comments:

Post a Comment