Sunday, April 4, 2010

Eggplant Parmesan


This wasn't a planned meal. There wasn't too much in the fridge, and I didn't feel like going shopping. I had an eggplant, some mushrooms, a red pepper, some kale and a little Daiya cheese. I had rice noodles and tomato sauce in the cabinet. After some thought, I decided on eggplant parmesan.

I chopped up the mushrooms and red pepper and added them to the tomato sauce. I thinly sliced the eggplant, brushed it with a little olive oil and placed in the oven to roast. Once the eggplant was tender, I dabbed slice with tomato sauce and topped them with Daiya cheese. I sautéed the kale with a little olive oil, cooked the rice noodles and assembled the dish with the kale on the bottom, then the noodles, the sauce and the eggplant. Yum!!


Follow me on Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment