Saturday, April 10, 2010

More Black Bean Burgers


I liked the black bean burgers I made a few weeks ago so much that I decided to make them again. This time I melted some cheddar Daiya cheese over them and covered them with salsa and sliced avocado. I made a nice big salad to go along with them. My doctor had told me to avoid raw foods because they can be too harsh on the digestive system, but my digestion's been pretty good lately. Also, spring is the time of year when we should be eating more salads and raw foods, so I'm adding them back into my diet.

I made my own lemon herb dressing for the salad. It's super easy to make and much healthier than bottled dressings.


Lemon Herb Dressing
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon minced fresh herbs (dill, parsley, basil, oregano, etc.)
1 clove crushed garlic
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Dash of black pepper.

Wish all ingredients together to combine. Dressing will keep for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.


Like what you're reading? Follow me on Twitter!
http://twitter.com/diannewenz

No comments:

Post a Comment