Thursday, January 21, 2010

Pad Thai Again


I know I've already made Pad Thai, but it's extremely tasty and pretty easy to make, so I think it's going to become a regular meal in my house now. This time around, the sauce wasn't as thick but it still tasted peanut-buttery yummy. I used spicy Thai chili paste in the sauce to give it a nice spicy kick. I remembered that I'm sensitive to corn, so I didn't add baby corn like I did the last time. The stir-fry consists of sugar snap peas, broccoli, red bell pepper, mushrooms and peanuts. I did have mung bean sprouts this time, so I added them to the stir fry at the end, along with some scallions.

Adding mung bean sprouts is a good way to add a little extra nutritional value to a meal. They contain vitamins A, B, C and E as well as calcium, potassium and iron. Sprouts are also a high source of fiber, are easily digestible and contain a high concentration of enzymes facilitating the digestive process. They also add a nice crunch and mild flavor to meals, so add some sprouts to your sandwiches, salads and stir-fries!


Like what you're reading? Then sign up for my healthy living newsletter!

No comments:

Post a Comment