Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Ratatouille with White Beans


This is another recipe from The Vegan Table. It's listed as a spring recipe, but since it's warm and stew-ish, I thought it would be nice for winter as well. And it was.

The recipe uses eggplant, red bell peppers, zucchini, red onions and tomatoes, and then cooked white beans are added close to the end. Since a vegetable's nutrients come from it's color, I tell my clients that they should try to have at least four colors on their plates at every meal. This meal is very colorful, which means it's also very nutritious. The recipe was easy to make and the end result was delicious. The great thing is that it made about 5 servings of food, which means Dennis and I will have tasty leftovers for lunch. I'm a big fan of the "cook once, eat twice" theory!




Like what you're reading? Then sign up for my healthy living newsletter!

No comments:

Post a Comment