Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Mini Muffins


I had some bananas sitting around turning brown and I needed to find something to do with them. I certainly couldn't eat them as is, because the banana is pretty much the only fruit I won't eat "plain". I don't mind banana bread, banana muffins, banana pancakes or banana smoothies, but I can't just eat a banana. The texture really bothers me - it's what I imagine eating paste would be like.

So I turned to my trusty cookbooks and looked to see what I could make. I found the answer in the Babycakes cookbook. The recipe was for a banana chocolate chip tea cake, but it called for 6 bananas, and I didn't have that many. So I cut the recipe in half and made mini muffins instead. The only substitution I made was swapping out coconut oil with canola oil. All of the recipes in Babycakes use coconut oil which is off limits for now, but it can easily be swapped out with another oil. These mini muffins turned out to be the perfect treat, and they don't remind me of eating paste at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment