Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Chickpea Helper


This recipe is based on Isa Chandra Moskowitz's Tempeh Helper Recipe, which is based on Hamburger Helper. I made Tempeh Helper once before and it was delicious, so I decided to make it again and make it soy free this time. I used lightly mashed chickpeas and I added a little chopped onion instead of tempeh. And of course, I used brown rice pasta instead of wheat pasta. Other than omitting the garlic and using wheat free flour, I followed Isa's recipe. I served it with a side of broccoli, because broccoli's really tasty with Cheezy Sauce. This meal was reminiscent of the Mac Daddy I made a few weeks ago, but without the half our wait for the meal to cook in the oven. Dennis described it as "scrumptacular", so I'll definitely be making it again!

Like what you're reading? Then sign up for my healthy living newsletter!

No comments:

Post a Comment