Friday, January 15, 2010

White Bean Mushroom Leek Quiche


I occasionally make a delicious tofu spinach mushroom quiche using a recipe from 101 Cookbooks, but since tofu (and spinach) is off the menu for now, I thought I'd have to go without it for a while. But I was wrong! I was quite happy to find a soy-free quiche in Isa Chandra Moskowitz's Vegan Brunch. The recipe uses cannellini beans and walnuts as a base and the quiche is made with mushrooms and leeks. Instead of walnuts, I used raw cashews that I had soaked overnight. You wold think that a quiche would be difficult to make and consume too much time, and you'd be wrong. The recipe was easy to follow. Most of the time spent on this dish was either in chopping veggies or waiting for the quiche to cook in the oven.

The base of the quiche was smooth and creamy ,and the mushrooms and leeks made it quite yummy. Dennis liked it so much he had two helpings! I plan on making this again and playing with different fillings.


Like what you're reading? Then sign up for my healthy living newsletter!

1 comment:

  1. Drooling over both the quiche and those greens look fab!

    ReplyDelete