Sunday, January 3, 2010

Clean Out the Fridge Pasta


I've been cooking up a storm for the past week and a half, trying out recipes and experimenting with different grains and flours. The fridge is almost empty and it's time to go grocery shopping again. I wanted to make something quick and easy with what was left. I had three different containers of left over tomato sauce and chopped tomatoes, so I combined them. I had some onions, mushrooms, a chili pepper, and swiss chard that I sautéed together, and I added some chick peas that were also hanging out in the fridge. I cooked up some spelt noodles and mixed it all together for a rather nice, quick and easy dinner.

When I would buy pasta in the past, I would also get the whole wheat kind. I think the spelt noodles actually taste better than whole wheat pasta. It's not as grainy and cooks up softer. If you're not sensitive to gluten, I would suggest trying it instead of wheat pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment