Friday, January 1, 2010

Banana Cream Pancakes


Happy New Year!

Last night I went to a vegan potluck New Year's Eve party. There were lots of dishes containing wheat, soy and corn, and I ate a little bit of everything. But with a new year comes new beginnings, so today is the day I eliminate everything on my food sensitivity list and start my diet anew.

And what better way to start than with pancakes? This banana pancake recipe is from Dreena Burton's Eat Drink and Be Vegan. The recipe called for spelt four, but since I've been using spelt a lot lately, I decided to use Bob's Red Mill's Gluten Free Pancake Mix. I didn't realize until I got it home that it contained corn, but the amount is so small that I don't think it's a problem. Dreena's recipe uses coconut milk, which I switched with hemp milk. The recipe also calls for nutmeg, which I used, but I think I'll switch it for cinnamon the next time I make it. The pancakes were quite tasty though, and this was the perfect breakfast to start out a cold winter's day!

No comments:

Post a Comment