Friday, January 22, 2010

Mushroom Risotto


This mushroom risotto recipe is from Colleen Patrick-Goudreau's The Vegan Table. The recipe is pretty simple, and uses onions mushrooms, Arborio rice and vegetable broth. I've never made risotto before and didn't know that broth had be scooped into the rice and stirred until it was absorbed, and then more broth is added. It took about 20 minutes to cook, and the risotto was so delcious that it was totally worth the the time spent stirring. The dish is garnished with parsely and chopped olives. I served it over sautéed kale in order to get my daily greens in. I will definitely make it again!

If you're wondering why I don't post complete recipes of all of the meals I cook, it's because they're from cookbooks and I don't want to anger any authors or publishers. All of the books I mention are available on my Amazon Affliates Store. http://astore.amazon.com/veggiegirl0f-20


Like what you're reading? Then sign up for my healthy living newsletter!

No comments:

Post a Comment